Code of Ethics
Accepting this code of ethics as their own, our REALTORS® pledge to observe its spirit in all their activities and to conduct their business in accordance with the tenets set forth below.
- Protect and promote their clients' interests while treating all parties honestly.
- Refrain from exaggerating, misrepresentation or concealment of pertinent facts related to property or transactions.
- Cooperate with other real estate professionals to advance their clients' best interests.
- When buying or selling on their own account or for their families or firms, make their true position or interest known.
- Do not provide professional services where they have any present or contemplated interest in property without disclosing that interest to all affected parties.
- Disclose any fee or financial benefit they may receive from recommending related real estate products or services.
- Receive compensation from only one party, except where they make full disclosure and receive informed consent from their client.
- Keep entrusted funds of clients and customers in a separate escrow.
- Make sure that contract details are spelled out in writing and that parties receive copies.
- Give equal professional service to all clients and customers irrespective of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin.
- Are knowledgeable and competent in the fields of practice in which they engage or they get assistance from a knowledgeable professional, or disclose any lack of expertise to their client.
- Paint a true picture in their advertising and in other public representations.
- Do not engage in unauthorized practices of law.
- Willingly participate in ethics investigations and enforcement procedures.
- Make only truthful, objective comments about other real estate professionals.
- Respect the exclusive, professional relationships that other realtors have with their clients.
- Arbitrate financial disagreements with other realtors and with their clients.